Friday, April 27, 2007

Children's Birthday Cakes









































These cakes I made for children, but off course they are for anyone. Who would not love to have a Princess Cake? I made a castle for Marlene's 4th birthday. The base was a Georgian Chocolate Pound cake and the top was a Classic Yellow Cake. As frosting I used my standard cream cheese frosting which is ever popular with the kids. What surprised me most that day, was that the little ones not only ate the frosting, but the cake as well, which you don't see very often.
A more advanced Princess Cake I made for the daughter of a friend of mine. Here the dress is the actual cake and the top is a half-doll.
For Marlene's 5th birthday we had a pirate party. It was the year of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" . The cake is a simple chocolate cake in a loaf pan, frosted and decorated.
For Zoey's 1st birthday I made a flower bouquet. It was a chocolate sheet cake with vanilla cupcakes in two sizes. We made fondant bees and added (store bought) ladybugs.
Marlene had a "Bug"-Party for her 3rd birthday since she had seen a picture of a Ladybug Cake. It looked great and was easy to make.

No comments: