Monday, February 25, 2008

Indiana Jones Cake, 2nd Edition







Last weekend was Jay's nephew Samuel's birthday. Sam wanted an Indiana Jones Cake for his birthday, too. So that gave me the chance to revisit this "Temple of Doom". I skipped the stratigraphy cake and made it only chocolate, since no actual archaeologists were present this time. And instead of baking the dome in a bowl, I used the Betty Crocker baseball pan, that gives you the option of creating a hollow cake to be filled. Since it was the Temple of Doom, I filled it with sour gummy snakes. I lost the flowers as well and made the greenery more jungle like. I was very happy with the result and I think the half dozen 9-year olds agreed. Compare it yourself.

7 comments:

Reese said...

Karin,
I adore both of your Indiana Jones cakes!
My son will be 7 at the end of the month and is *SO* into Legos & Ind. Jones. For his birthday we are going to do a treasure hunt and make a cave out of two refrigerator boxes. We found your cake and he went nuts!
What I would like to know is: Which set did you use on the cake or was it piece meal?
Thanks!
Cherise

Symon said...

Hi Karin

Awesome cake! I made an Indy cake for my son's 9th birthday today.

It's crazy that a father and his son can have the same hero!

Holly said...

Mandrake can you email me a picture of your cake? I would love to see it! I'm planning an Indiana Jones party for my 5 year old and we love this cake, too! Thanks - hrsport89@yahoo.com

Symon said...

Hi again Karin. I have posted a blog with 3 photos.

The link is:

http://ravingmandrake.blogspot.com/2008/06/indiana-jones-birthday-cake.html

Kind regards!

Karin said...

Hi mandrake!

I loved the pyramid idea. When I first started looking for Indiana Jones Cakes on the Web there was nothing; off course with the movie it is taking off now.

Karin

Holly said...

Karin,

Thanks for the great cake idea! My version of your cake turned out great! I'll be happy to send you pictures if you send me your email to hrsport89@yahoo.com.

Holly

Symon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.